Hello readers, after receiving lots of requests to create a full step by step tutorial guide about How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft, we have written this article for all of you. In this article, you will get to learn different working ways to allocate more ram to Minecraft. Let’s read it if you also want to know this.
Table of Contents
Easy Ways To Allocate More Ram To Minecraft
Minecraft is a very popular game that is available for every platform, Android, iOS, Mac, and PC. Despite its simplistic gameplay and low graphical style, the gamers found that the Minecraft game is an intensive application for them. When you start playing around with the Redstone heavy builds then you will get there’s a lot going on in the background.
Check Also: How to Make a Bow in Minecraft [Full Guide]
You need enough RAM on your device to play the Minecraft and if you don’t have enough RAM on the device then you will face crashes, lags encounter stuttering and other issues that will ruin the whole experience of this game.
We have good news for all of you that it is really very easy to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. For allocating more RAM to Minecraft, we have different ways which we are going to mention below.
Allocate More RAM to Minecraft
Using Launcher Version 2.0.X
- First of all, you have to check your device’s available RAM. After that, we will know how much memory we can allocate to the Minecraft. Follow these steps to check RAM:
- Windows user, click on start > settings > system > about > Installed RAM. Now, you can see the available RAM of your device.
- Mac users, click on the Apple menu > About this Mac > Memory. You can see your available RAM there.
- After checking RAM, now we will update our JAVA program. Click on this link and then click on the Download button to download the latest version of JAVA. This will ensure that your Java version is up to date and ready for RAM allocation. For windows users, please check the bit version for your operating system before downloading.
- Now, we will open the Minecraft Launcher. For this, you can double click on the Minecraft icon. You will see an installations tab at the top of the launcher, click on that.
- You should check that the Advanced settings switch is enabled. On the top-right side of the Launch options page, you can find this switch. That switch should be green.
- Now, you click on that profile which you want to change. If you see only one option on this page, click on that option.
- You should make sure that JVM arguments are enabled. To enable this feature, see the text box called JVM arguments.
- Now, you can edit the amount of RAM that the Minecraft will use. In the “JVM arguments” text field, you will see a line of text. The first section of which says -Xmx1G; Change “1” to the number of gigabytes of RAM you want to use for Minecraft.
- In the last step, just click on the SAVE button. Now, Minecraft will use the selected amount of memory or RAM for the profile.
Allocate more RAM in a Minecraft Server
- The First step is to open the folder which contains the Minecraft_server.exe file (Minecraft server directory). If you don’t know the exact location then search “Minecraft_server” on your PC.
- Now, for creating a text document in the server directory, you have to click Home > New Item > Text Document on PC. And then, you have to paste a text in the new text document (if you’re on PC). The text is:
- java -Xmx####M -Xms####M -exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true PAUSE
- In the next step, you can replace #### with the value in megabytes that you want to allocate to Minecraft like if you want to allocate 1 GB of RAM, you’d enter 1024.
- After following these steps, click on File > Save As, and then change the Save As type to all files. You will name the file server launcher and change the extension from .txt to .bat.
- The new file which you created is your new launcher for your Minecraft server, just double click to run the file. When you use the .bat file to open the server then it will automatically allocate the specified amount of RAM.
Allocate RAM Using The Twitch Desktop App
- The first thing we have to do is open the Twitch Desktop App and then you will see 3 lines at the top left of the page. Click on that 3 lines and File, then click on the Settings.
- Now, you have to navigate to the Minecraft tab and scroll down to Java Settings.
- Here, you will see a bar that indicates or says that Allocated Memory.
- Drag the bar for adjusting the amount of RAM which you want to allocate to the Minecraft. You should remember that you can not allocate more than your computer can handle.
Final words: After reading this full article, I hope now you know How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft easily with just following a few steps. And also you can teach anyone how they can allocate more RAM to Minecraft or share this article with that person who also wants to know about this. Thanks for reading this article.