Hello readers, Are you a Minecraft user and thinking about changing the Minecraft username. If your answer is yes then now you don’t need to worry about this. Because today, we wrote this article for all of you. And in this article, we are going to share full details about How to change Minecraft username. Read this article till the end.
Change Minecraft Username
Mojang gaming company developed this game which is known as Minecraft and it is a sandbox video game. This game is very popular. Sometimes users want to change their username in Minecraft and luckily, Minecraft users have the ability to change their usernames in Minecraft game from 4th February. By the way, it’s a simple and easy process but there are some rules which you should know. For changing the username in Minecraft, you must have a Mojang account. Now, you can follow our given steps to change the username in the game.
How to change Minecraft username
- First of all, you have to open the web browser and then open the Mojang official website (https://www.mojang.com).
- When the official developers’ site is opened on your device then click on the Accounts tab which you can find in the top right-hand corner.
- And now, you have to move your mouse cursor to the top right-hand corner and here you will find a Login button. Click on it.
- Now, you need to fill your correct login details and then click on the login. In the login details, they will ask for your email and password which you used to create the account.
- After this step, you have to go to the profile name section which you can find in the middle of the page. And, here you will click on the Change button and it is next to your profile name.
- And then, you have to enter the new username which you want to keep on your Minecraft game or Mojang account.
- After doing this, you must click on the check availability button by the name field and this will easily check to see if the name is available in Minecraft or not. Sometimes, it happens that your name is already taken by somebody else
Note: If you see this on your screen “change the username” or “try to spell your username different” which means this username is already in use by someone in Minecraft. And it will also indicate in a red message that says “username is in use”
- Now, you have to type the correct password in the password text field that you always use to log in to the user account.
- And then you will see a button below the password field which says “Change Name”. You have to click on that button and then your username will be changed in Minecraft.
- If you want the old username back in the Minecraft account then you can do this within seven days. After seven days, you have no option to revert back to that username if it is taken.
- When you change your username in Minecraft then you have to log in again to connect to the Minecraft servers. For that, you have to open the launcher, go to the settings then click on the Switch account and log in using the new username which you choose and your password.
You should make sure before changing the username in Minecraft because after changing the username in Minecraft, you are not able to change your name again if your account was created within the last 30 days, or you have changed your username in Minecraft in the last 30 days. You only can choose a new username which is not taken by anyone. And you should know that changing the in-game username will not change the website profile name.
Final words: I recommend you that if you are sure about changing your username then change it otherwise leave it. By the way, I hope after reading this entire article you know how to change Minecraft username in just a few steps. If you are stuck in any step or you have any question regarding this then feel free to comment below. We will reply with a solution as soon as possible. Share this article with your friends and thanks for visiting our website.